Boys and Girls Cross-Country 2016
Butler Recreation invites all Butler athletes to join our Cross Country Team. The cross-country program is open to all boys and girls ages 4 – 14 years old, not attending high school. Races will be held at Greystone Central Park in Morris Plains on Sundays in September and October. Transportation to and from practices/races must be provided by parents. Practices will be held every Tuesday and Thursday at the Butler track at Memorial Field (Pearl Pl and Mabey Lane) beginning August 16, 2016. Start time will vary from 6:30-7:30 depending on weather and sundown. A third practice will be on Sundays at 8am until the race season begins.
Cross-country is long distance running (fall “track” no field events.) Races distances differ depending on the athlete’s age group. Races are run on trails not on tracks. Athletes are required to dress appropriately for the weather and must have running sneakers. Cost: $50.00 Registration fees include the uniform costs (technical shirts, running gear). Call the Recreation Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Register online for the Fall 2016 Season
BHS Fall Girls Basketball Clinic (Grades 4-8)
This clinic at Butler High School will primarily focus on fundamental skills while also showing the girls how much fun basketball can be. The clinic is facilitated by: Coach Wilson, Coach Berkheiser & other BHS Girls Basketball Coaching Staff.
*For Grades 4-8*
Dates of clinic: September 21st, September 28th, October 5th, October 12th
Location: Butler High School Gymnasium
Youth Basketball Co-Ed: Grades 5-8
Butler and Bloomingdale Residents Only Pick up basketball games from 7:30-9:00pm on Wednesdays at the Richard Butler School beginning January 13, 2016 and ending March 16, 2016. Intersquad games will be played and officiated each night. Fundamentals of the game and fun will be the main objectives of the program. Give it a try!
Learn the sport of fencing from Butler High School head coach Micah Lewis and some special guest instructors. Click here for more details.
Butler Recreation Ski Program 2016 will be held on 6 consecutive Fridays beginning January 8, 2016 (weather permitting) at Mountain Creek. The program includes lessons and lift tickets. Lessons are not mandatory but are encouraged. Lineups for lessons will be at 4:15, 5:15, and 6:15.
|Cost:||Six lifts & lessons||$149.99|
|Six lifts, lessons, & rentals||$274.98 (no seasonal rentals)|
|Best Deal:||Youth All Access (age 7-18) Ski anytime, includes lessons on trip days|
|Season Pass||$229.99 until October 28
$249.00 November 1-20
|Also available for friends and family (Prices until Oct 28 / Nov 1-20)|
|Adult All Access Season Pass||$339.99 / $389.99|
|Adult Mid Week Season Pass||$299.99 / $339.99|
|Meal Vouchers (prepaid)||$9.95|
|Premium Meal Vouchers (prepaid)||$11.95|
Helmets must be worn by everyone 17 and under. It is the law.
There will be no bus.
- Lessons are included in the cost of lift tickets. They are not mandatory but we encourage each child to take them Lineups for lessons will be 4:15, 5:15, and 6:15. Please encourage your child to attend.
- Rentals can be either skis or snowboards.
- Make-ups must be done before night skiing ends.
- Beginner skiers will receive limited lift tickets. (They will not be permitted on advanced slopes.)
- Program is limited to students in grades 4 through 12 who attend school in Butler or Bloomingdale, however anyone may buy a pass through us.
- There will be no refunds
- You can sign up online at https://register.communitypass.net/. You will also need to sign a Mountain Creek waiver.
- You can sign up online with Mountain Creek at www.mountaincreek.com/membersignup and pay with a credit card. Log in is: 5WGK70033, member password isL butlerrec
- Deadline for registration and payment is November 20. For further information please call the Recreation Office at 973-838-7903 weekdays between noon and 4:30PM.
Register for all programs online here: